The Zū Parade is a Carnival parade, with the special participation of the Boruca tribe thanks to the collaboration with Futuro Nativo, happening on March 11, leaving at 3PM from the Malpaís soccer field. It will be enlivened by a band from San José called Uchimán, it is a traditional Cimarrón music band from Costa Rica.
A celebration in conjunction with the Malpaís community to bring art and culture to the streets and establish an annual tradition where the most important elements are the rescue of oral and written tradition from local and regional influences.
Versión en español aquí: https://zunya.com/programming/zu-carnival/espanol
The general concept for this first parade is nothing less than the JUNGLE. Each dance group is free to choose which element of the jungle they would like to represent in their costumes.
We ask that the materials used for the creation of your characters be natural elements of the earth or recyclable materials, for example: dried coconuts, palm leaves, stones, mud, and other types of plants, or recycled cardboard bottles, and other similar elements.
It is essential that materials that are harmful to the environment or that generate garbage are not used for the parade, for example: do not create dresses or costume pieces with plastic loans
Ideally, all the elements that are used for the creation of these costumes can be returned to the earth or recycled and we do not leave traces, garbage or waste after participating in this event.
In order to ensure successful participation by all members and stakeholders, we have created this list of requirements. Please read carefully and follow this procedure in detail:
* Each group must be of at least 7 participants, have a name and a representative with whom we will coordinate logistical details.
* Once the representative and name have been chosen, please fill out this participation form
* All participants must be dressed according to the theme of the parade
* Each dance group must bring:
- A garbage can to collect the garbage you generate
- Soft drinks or water for your dance group during the parade
- A flagship flag of the dance group. Minimum of 1.5mts x 1.5mxts hung on a mast
- If the group is larger than 7 people, we ask you to have music to entertain your group during the walk
* The meeting time is at 1:00PM at the Malpais soccer field. Here you will be assigned your starting order in the parade
* The parade will leave the location at 3:00PM sharp, the groups will already be organized in their order of departure
* The return will be back to the Malpaís soccer field where the best children's costume and the best adult costume will be awarded.
* Each dance group is responsible for its members during the parade and their belongings
If you wish to participate on your own, you can come to Zunya during the week and participate in our creative workshops. Stay up to date on our program here: https://chat.whatsapp.com/FLJ0IeE5SZbIstlWJn8EL6
Images credit: Naharah / @visualizen
Friday, 11th Mar
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
2.5 km south from Playa Carmen-Mal Pais intersection
400 meters south from Indigo Hotel
Mal Pais, 60111
Puntarenas Province, Costa Rica